Tax Free Shopping
How to shop Tax Free?
Global Blue Tax Free Shopping brings you savings on the purchases you make at over 270,000 stores across the world’s best shopping districts.
So why not join the 23 million travellers who shop tax free with Global Blue every year? Simply look for the blue star or ask for Global Blue, and follow our easy process.
Look for stores displaying Global Blue Tax Free Shopping signage in the window. When paying for your purchases ask the shop staff for a Tax Free Form. Tax Free Forms are available in two versions, one blue, one white. Fill in all the required fields in block letters, using the Latin alphabet. If you are a Global Blue Card holder present your Global Blue Card to the shop assistant. Your personal details will be automatically filled out on the Tax Free Form.
Remember: Incomplete Tax Free Form = No refund
At the airport please allow enough time for the refund process before your flight departs. Before you check in for your flight, go to the Customs desk and present your completed Tax Free Form, passport, receipts and purchases to get a stamp* on your form. Make sure the goods are unused. Don’t pack them away in your check-in luggage as you will need to show them to the Customs Officer.
*for purchases made in Norway the export validation is to be obtained from the agents at Global Blue Offices.
Remember: No Customs Stamp = No Refund
Go to the Refund counter displaying a Global Blue logo. Present your stamped, completed Tax Free Forms to receive the refund in cash or to credit card. In a rush? Mail your stamped, completed Tax Free Forms using the Global Blue envelope and receive your refund on your credit card. Adding your e-mail address on the Tax Free Form enables quicker and more effective communication between You and Global Blue Customer Services. Please observe that at some refund points in France, UK and Switzerland an additional fixed fee per ‘Tax Refund Form’ may be charged should you require an immediate Refund in cash. NB: The refund you receive is the VAT minus Global Blue’s handling fee.
- Prior to your Tax Free Shopping check the local Rules and Regulation of Tax Free Shopping, on the right hand side of this page, under the name of country you plan to purchase in.
- The post delivery is free of charge from all the world if you use the Global Blue prepaid envelope provided by the shop. Note that it is sent by regular post.
- If you have not received the prepaid envelope you can use a standard envelope (at your expense).
- In order to prevent a possible loss of the documents, we recommend you to use secured mail service (e.g. registered mail or courier- at your expense)
- Before sending the documents, please make a copy of them or write down Tax Free Form number (DOC ID) of each Form for your reference.
- In order to assure smooth processing of your refund send us just Tax Fee Forms filled in completely and correctly
Read more about Global Blue here!